a brief history…

fullsizeoutput_2055

Established in 1840, Kilnsey Angling Club is amongst the earliest in the country and one of a very few that have survived from the early nineteenth century keeping its traditions intact.  The club’s waters in their beautiful surroundings with their excellent fishing are nationally famous and over the years have become host to many well-known anglers.

J. M. Hodgson – Kilnsey Angling Club The Early Years – 2012

The club’s headquarters since its inception has been the Tennants Arms until very recently when the Club moved it’s base to the Cafe by the Lake, only a couple of hundred yards away.