KAC has given a warm welcome to the announcement on Sunday May 10th by Prime Minster Boris Johnson, that recreational fishing looks set to resume in England on Wednesday May 13th.
The Prime Minister announced the resumption of ‘unlimited outdoor sports’ from Wednesday providing they are conducted alone or with members of the same household and that social distancing rules are followed at all times.
A government source confirmed that “outdoor exercise includes angling, golf, water sports and tennis providing social distanced from Wednesday.”
So, using advice from the Angling Trust, the KAC Committee is sharing the following guidance for members:
- YOU SHOULD ONLY TRAVEL TO FISHING VENUES ON YOUR OWN OR WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD AND ABIDE BY THE CURRENT GUIDELINES ON SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- MAINTAIN A DISTANCE OF 15M FROM OTHER ANGLERS WHILST FISHING.
- ONLY TRAVEL BASED ON WHAT IS ALLOWED BY CURRENT GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO FISH BEFORE TRAVELLING. A COPY OF THE TEMPORARY BOOKING IN PROCEDURES CAN BE FOUND IN THE MEMBER’S SECTION OF THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILST THE NEW SYSTEM BEDS IN.
- PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO CLUB & FISHERY NOTICES – IF UNSURE CONTACT A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE FOR GUIDANCE.
- USE HAND SANITISER BEFORE & AFTER TOUCHING ANY LOCKS, GATES OR STILES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN HANDLED BY OTHER ANGLERS. DISPOSABLE GLOVES ARE RECOMMENDED.
- THE HUT AT WATERSMEET MUST REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- REMEMBER THAT ALL FRESHWATER ANGLERS MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF THE RELEVANT ENVIRONMENT AGENCY FISHING LICENCE BEFORE FISHING.
Providing these guidelines can remain in place for a sustained period of time, we hope that the rest of the season proves to be both tranquil and successful during a unique period in our history.
To ensure that travelling members get the best out of their journeys, we currently recommend that checks are made on the river levels which at the moment are extremely low.
Unfortunately, due to the current Covid 19 epidemic we are not able to issue day tickets until further notice.
Peter Chadwick – Chairman