It seems quite a while since KAC gave a warm welcome to the announcement on Sunday May 10th by Prime Minster Boris Johnson, that recreational fishing resumed in England on Wednesday May 13th.
Nevertheless the initial advice from the Angling Trust still seems valid, consequently the Committee remains committed to the following guidance for members:
- YOU SHOULD ONLY TRAVEL TO FISHING VENUES ON YOUR OWN OR WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD AND ABIDE BY THE CURRENT GUIDELINES ON SOCIAL DISTANCING.
- MAINTAIN A DISTANCE OF 15M FROM OTHER ANGLERS WHILST FISHING.
- ONLY TRAVEL BASED ON WHAT IS ALLOWED BY CURRENT GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES.
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO FISH BEFORE TRAVELLING. A COPY OF THE TEMPORARY BOOKING IN PROCEDURES CAN BE FOUND IN THE MEMBER’S SECTION OF THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILST THE NEW SYSTEM BEDS IN.
- PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO CLUB & FISHERY NOTICES – IF UNSURE CONTACT A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE FOR GUIDANCE.
- USE HAND SANITISER BEFORE & AFTER TOUCHING ANY LOCKS, GATES OR STILES THAT MAY HAVE BEEN HANDLED BY OTHER ANGLERS. DISPOSABLE GLOVES ARE RECOMMENDED.
- THE HUT AT WATERSMEET MUST REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
- REMEMBER THAT ALL FRESHWATER ANGLERS MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF THE RELEVANT ENVIRONMENT AGENCY FISHING LICENCE BEFORE FISHING.
Providing these guidelines remain in place for a sustained period of time, we hope that the rest of the season proves to be both tranquil and successful during this unique period in our history.
To ensure that travelling members get the best out of their journeys, we recommend that checks are made on the river levels before travel.
Unfortunately, due to the current Covid 19 epidemic we are still not able to issue day tickets until further notice.
Peter Chadwick – Chairman